Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rock & Roll is Dead


Let me begin by saying that I am having a really crappy/emotional day and probably shouldn't be writing my blog, but I am laying in bed and figure it's a good use of time.
I leave for San Diego tomorrow and the dress I am making is in shambles. First I haven't had any time, 2nd I'm in love and can't focus and 3rd the pattern is really hard. I mean really hard. So many french seams and things I have forgot or have no idea how to do. This has happened before and I usually have pulled through. I am sad to report that I am not a rock star and rock and roll is dead for me. Meaning I am not going to pull an all nighter to finish it.
As a designer I look at it and it makes me a little sick to my stomach because I see my vision and how perfect it would be for this event. But now there is nothing I can do about it. I realize that I should probably take some more sewing classes to better my skills and get back in the sewing game! I may even deconstruct the part of the dress I made and start over again. I still love the pattern/fabric! It still could be a rockin dress :)

My friend Svetlana who makes jewelry and is a Groupie made me the RockEm earrings that I will wear to the wedding, but I still have no idea what I will wear with them.
This is the first large project where I feel defeated, but as I finish writing I am feeling happy and letting go and I know that it's okay that I am not able to accomplish everything.
Next week I am going to go back to finishing the skirt. That will make me feel better. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. you're such a rock star, especially in my book of hall of fame!!!have a blast at the wedding, can't wait to hear all about it.

    xoxo-

    ReplyDelete