Monday, October 3, 2011

I Speak for the Trees


It's that time of year again, Halloween. This year is going to be great! There are some large trees on my block that might be cut down and so I went to the hearing last week and spoke for the trees! Seeing that I am also an Arborist and manage tree plantings, this year it only makes sense to be Dr. Seuss's The Lorax.

I am going to be doing less sewing this year and more glue gunning. I went to a fabric store to see how much some orange fake fur would be to make the costume and it was super expensive, so I am putting my personal spin on the character. I bought this leotard and I am going to glue gun a crap load of orange pom poms onto it. I think it will look pretty funny and will definitely look Dr. Suessy. For the large mustache I am going to use a bra like a few years ago. I also, went to Scrap over the weekend and found a few fun things and pieces of fake fur to accessorize the costume.

This year Halloween is on Monday, so I will be able to do Halloweeny things Friday, Saturday, Sunday and help out Bert on Monday night on his Scarecade. I am super excited!

1 comment: