Friday, July 24, 2009

Strapless No! One sleeve Yes!




I am making McCall's pattern # 5658 for a friends wedding. It is an evening wedding in San Diego and will be outside in a Japanese Friendship garden. I wasn't going to make a dress, but I got the bug to make something, I have 2 weeks to "get her done." I have a hard time wearing strapless and I don't like always pulling and fidgeting with my clothing, so the dress is one sleeved dress. I think it makes it a little sophisticated. I am going to use the black print fabric for the dress and maybe a pink satin fabric for the cross sleeve part, to make it a little more fancy. I also think I will make it a little longer and maybe add a ruffle along the sleeve. I think the dress will be a little wild and I might look like the flowers in the garden, but I like big bold prints. If it doesn't look good, I'll just wear a dress I already have. I will post pictures of it when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment