Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Not quite like Project Runway without Tim

Last night I watched Season 8 Episode 7 of Project Runway. I can't believe I have watched 8 seasons.

My favorite website burdastyle.com is having a Project Runway Remake Challenge and I have decided to enter. The first challenge on Project Runway this season was to take an item of clothing from another designer’s wardrobe and refashion it into a brand new garment.
(Winning design - She used a jacket to make this dress)
So for this contest the rules are to take an existing garment from your closet and turn it into something new! You are to re-purpose those old pieces into new functional, wearable garments while still utilizing as much of the original as possible.


I have a lot of clothes in my two closets that I could totally remake. I narrowed it down and I am going to use an old black skirt that I don't wear anymore and a tunic that I love, but never wear anymore. I have decided to put them together and make a dress. I will cut most the tunic off and just use the top. I will make the skirt smaller and shorter and attach the top to the bottom. Then I will cut both items down the back and add a long zipper. Hopefully this works. I will need Tim Gunn to hide in my closet and keep reminding me "To make it work!"
I have till September 30th to finish it.

1 comment: