Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reunion Review


My dress was half way done when I left for San Diego on Friday so being the crazy person I am I decided that I could finish it Saturday morning instead of just wearing something I already had. So I decided I would bring my sewing machine to San Diego. I carried it onto the plane. The thing that pisses me off is that my machine went through security without any problems, but my ounce of water in my water bottle did not make it through. I could sew someone to death, but for heavens sake you wouldn't want me to quench my thirst. Anyway, let's just say I finished the dress 15 minutes before I left for the pre-party thanks to my Mom's help! It is not the project I am most proud of, but I like the style and most importantly it did not fall apart.
The reunion was actually fun and it turned out to be a great weekend. I got to hang out with old friends and reminisce. I also looked at my parents high school yearbooks from the 60's. It was fun to look at the fashions and I noticed that all the females were wearing dresses. My mom told me that girls could only wear dresses or skirts and that you had to get on your knees and if the length of the skirt did not reach past your knees you were sent home. Well I guess my Dad found his way under there some how... Wow has society changed!!

2 comments:

  1. the dress looks amazing and i love the green shoulder straps and belt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress!! I like the contrast color too! Nicely done. ~HLT

    ReplyDelete