Sunday, December 6, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter


When I was in San Diego this last summer for my 10 year high school reunion, my parents dusted off their high school yearbooks for show and tell. We reminisced about their high school days in the 60's. It was fun looking at the fashions. While looking at my Mom's yearbook I found this newspaper clipping. The clipping is from March 1970. I used my newly acquired accounting skills and figured that my mom is 24 in this picture. I love the style of the dress she is wearing. I guess she was in some fashion show for Montgomery Ward. What a trip!
I am becoming more and more like my Mom every day, all good (wink, wink). I've decided to make my own version of the dress which will be neither white or polyester. I found this pattern that is very similar to her dress. I have cut the pattern and fabric and have started to sew a little.
Caption reads: Susan Bentz is wearing a white 100% polyester knit by Enka. It has short sleeves and set in pockets. The red, white and blue silk scarf slides through self-fabric loops on the shoulder and is worn with Navy blue accessorises from Montgomery Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment