Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day of Rest

November 1st, my 1st day of rest in awhile. Day of rest meaning doing laundry, paying bills, cleaning, watching spongebob, shaving, blogging (you know just getting stuff done that has been neglected).
Since the last time I blogged on Oct. 11th I have made a dress, I won a contest and I made a costume. First we will start with the dress. This is the dress I made for a wedding in Sonoma I went to last weekend. People seemed to like it and they thought it was very appropriate for the wedding we went to. It was a beautiful wedding that included bar tending clowns, belly dancing and fun times.

I used Vogue pattern 8184. I added a ribbon strap with a red ruffle to give it some spice. I also used ribbon on the waist area. I specifically bought a stretch sateen fabric so that the dress would be comfortable, but putting the ribbon on it made it tight and defeated the purpose of the stretch. Oh well. Lesson learned. I was still able to dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment